Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Getting a bank account

OK,

So I want to earn money from a PC repair business?

The first thing I'll need for my newly found IT support company is a business bank account.

I decided to go with Abbey Business (http://www.abbey-products.com/business/banking/09.html), though at the time of writing there are some annoying short-falls.

You can't walk into a branch and deposit cash/cheques into your account (and DON'T try this!). I accidentally did this once and the teller unwittingly accepted my cheque not knowing that it was for a business account (guess the sort code and account number wasn't a clue enough), Anyway, I had trouble getting the money back.

So play by the Abbey Business Banking rules and only do all deposits and withdrawals through an Abbey Cash point machine. Cheques can be posted, but I prefer to deposit in the cash machine.

Also if you need to get help (from a real person), you'll have to phone a call-centre in Scotland. When I had my above problem I found this to be quite difficult. Eventually after many calls and time wasting I "persuaded" the agent to put me through to her supervisor who eventually got to the bottom of the problem.

Apart from the above problem I am very pleased with the service as a whole. Their on-line banking service is great, and making payments from the business to my personal account (also Abbey) is almost instant.

Just don't walk into a branch!

No comments:

Post a Comment